© Tennengau Timberworks 2011-21
Cochrane, AB, Canada Phone: 403-681-8994
Just as with our custom homes, quality and workmanship are paramount when building cabins and additions. So the same principles apply. Our buildings are:
Cabins & Additions
• very strong structurally,
• durable with a long useful life (aimed at 100 years or more),
• healthy to be in with no hazardous off-gassing,
• built from natural materials as much as possible, which offer high performance and are recyclable
• built with solid wood sourced from carefully managed ecosystem-based forestry operations, and
• have a vapour permeable, "breathable" building envelope.
How we build:
• We build cabins from solid, squared logs milled in our own shop.
• Dovetail corners are used on most designs.
• Optional: wall insulation with an added layer of solid wood to retain the log cabin look (R-20 or higher).
• By request we can also build your cabin from Durisol/Nexcem insulated concrete forms.
• Our cabins feature tilt and turn windows made in Austria.