© Tennengau Timberworks 2011-21
Cochrane, AB, Canada Phone: 403-681-8994
Custom Home built with German made clay blocks
Highly energy-efficient European clay brick country-home combined with timber frame construction. Completion to lock-up stage by Tennengau Timberworks.
Update Summer 2013: This house survived the June 2013 flood in Alberta with no structural damage despite having stood in 4ft of raging river water current for 3 days! No mould growth was detected. Two neighbouring homes were completely destroyed. The last photo shows the house right after the flood.
- Exterior Walls are built of 14" Unipor Coriso insulating clay masonry blocks with an R-Value of R27 unplastered.
- 8" Logix ICF foundation with partial basement
- Delta MS dimple membrane water-proofing around foundation walls
- Timber frame interior and double roof structure with visible rafters
- Hemp batt insulation in roof
- Wood fibre boards as sarking board / roof sheathing
- High-end Austrian wood windows with aluminum clad
- Concrete roof tiles
... and more